Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Submit Article – December 10, 2012
- Why CCAP is among the Best Childcare Assistance Programs in Wyoming – December 7, 2012
- Understanding Panic Disorder – December 7, 2012
Overworking is the condition is which a person works excessively in order to gain the approval of others.|
Many employers would love to employ someone who overworks. However, with this condition people feel that they can only gain people's approval through working. They measure their self worth through the amount of work they are able to accomplish.
Usually workaholics judge themselves by how much they have accomplished and will take on as many tasks as possible. They never really feel peaceful, and are not able to relax because they feel the need to constantly be doing something.
The symptoms associated with overworking involves:
* Feeling as if they are being judged by their work
* Feeling uncomfortable or out of control if they are not working
* Taking on more work than they can be handled.
Treatment is largely based on therapy to help the person increase their self-esteem:
* Enrollment into programs such as Workaholics Anonymous
* Self-help group therapy
* Individual psychotherapy
|You Are Adding A Comment To:Articles > Addictions > Overworking|
|Please Note:This is a general discussion forum open to the public and can be seen by all users, this is also a FaceBook Comment which may show on your facebook wall|