Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Submit Article – December 10, 2012
- Why CCAP is among the Best Childcare Assistance Programs in Wyoming – December 7, 2012
- Understanding Panic Disorder – December 7, 2012
Pornography can be defined as any material that is sexually explicit in nature. |
Pornography can be in many forms, such as short stories, books, photographs, sculptures, or movies. The main purpose of pornography is to cause sexual arousal. This aroused state is what makes viewing pornography such a common addiction.
Symptoms that are associated with an addiction to pornography include:
* Spending excessive time watching or reading pornography
* Decrease in social and recreational activities due to time spent watching or reading pornography.
* Feeling irritable or restless when there is a delay obtaining pornography
Constantly spending time watching pornography is a serious problem that can affect the addict's relationships. Therefore, treatment is geared towards behavioral changes. The common treatment methods are:
* Desensitization and education about their addiction
* Behavioral therapy aimed at decreasing the dependence on pornography
* Enrollment in a pornography addiction program
|You Are Adding A Comment To:Articles > Addictions > Pornography|
|Please Note:This is a general discussion forum open to the public and can be seen by all users, this is also a FaceBook Comment which may show on your facebook wall|