Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Submit Article – December 10, 2012
- Why CCAP is among the Best Childcare Assistance Programs in Wyoming – December 7, 2012
- Understanding Panic Disorder – December 7, 2012
Sub-Categories of Spiritual Counseling
(Select a Category from the list below)
|[+Add New Category]|
Counseling takes on many different forms. Spiritual counseling is healing counseling. Those who look for spiritual significance in their lives appreciate spiritual counseling above all else.
One thing that a person can do is to commission their own pain to be for the benefit of others.
Steps to spiritual healing as derived from Tibetan Buddhists:
1) Be at one with your problem and pain. Open yourself to being with your pain. There is no need to favor your pain. Think of knowing how best to handle it so that you can then experience it fully and then finally let it go.
2) Own your pain and own your pleasure. Realize that this is a fundamental part of the world that we live in. Look at pain and please as being a package deal. They come as a pair and are one.
3) Tell yourself that you are not alone. There is a host of other people, everywhere, with problems far worse than your own. It is all relative.
4) Try to have compassion for some of those suffering just as you are. Decide in your heart that if you could you would help them.
5) Develop intent to take on other people’s sufferings. This is called a kind of transference. Imagine that in addition to your very real pain, you also have taken on even a tiny bit of their suffering. Realize that doing this will relieve some of their pain.
6) As you are doing the above, realize that just as you are taking on some of their suffering, you are also transferring some of your own happiness. Visualize their problems and pain as deep black smoke and that the goodness and happiness you are transferring as pleasant white light.
7) Imagine that the black smoke is also helping you to destroy all confusion and unhealthy relationships along with any personal problems. By this time you will be feeling pure joy.
8) Try now to coordinate your thoughts with a visual. Add to this some imagination and purposeful breathing. Breathe in all problems and breathe out your profound sense of happiness. Breathe naturally throughout this entire process.
9) Continue all of the above steps until you feel a sense of completion.
You will find that this is a wonderful practice; one that can help balance out your personality. Embrace the process hoping for the best results.
Tell yourself that you are connected to all of mankind in both spirit and in truth. Consider that you are not taking on further problems, but rather, you are taking on the interconnected nature of the world at physical and metaphysical levels. When you can embrace this truth your heart will be open and you can literally contribute to your physical and emotional recovery to this theory. It is as being one with the world and all of creation!
|You Are Adding A Comment To:Articles > Counseling > Spiritual Counseling|
|Please Note:This is a general discussion forum open to the public and can be seen by all users, this is also a FaceBook Comment which may show on your facebook wall|